The term Lasik is short for laser in situ kertomileusis. It is a surgical procedure in which an eye doctor, usually known as an ophthalmologist, uses a laser to reshape the cornea. Astigmatism is a condition where one’s cornea is curved, giving affected people a blurry vision. Those who wish to correct their eyesight, so they rely less on eyeglasses and contact lenses, also typically go for Lasik eye surgery. The cornea is the Smooth, clear and powerful, transparent tissue covering the iris, the student and the whole frontal eye chamber.
Lasik Eye Surgery Candidates
There are only certain people allowed to have Lasik eye surgery. Those who Wish to have Lasik eye surgery should be:
- At least 18 years old. Minors are not permitted to have this surgery if they have not yet attained the legal age of 18. If their vision is fuzzy, then they can simply settle for contact lenses or correction glasses in the meantime.
- Are in good health. Patients that are currently having, or have had background, at least in the last year, of an eye disease, infection or trauma would not be permitted to have the operation.
- Patients should also have experienced no change in refraction in their eye for at least a year.
If you are considering makeup after lasik, it is best that you consult with an eye doctor so he/she can analyze your eye and let you know if your condition is appropriate, therefore making you a good candidate for the surgery.
Preparation for the Surgery
Once patients are Allowed by their doctor to have the eye surgery, they then are expected to follow specific guidelines a couple weeks before so that their attention will remain healthy and maintain the best condition acceptable for the operation. The necessary preparations, which are also given by your physician, usually include:
- If You are wearing Contact lenses, then you want to stop wearing them at least a month ahead of the operation, as contacts alter the shape of the cornea. This will stop you from getting the operation altogether since it is essential that your eye is totally healthy.
- Refrain from using and applying lotions, perfumes, lotions and cosmetics at least a day prior to the scheduled operation.
- You should arrange ahead of time for someone else to drive you to and from your operation to prevent accidents, particularly after the surgery. This is because you will be recovering from the surgery, so your eyes do require rest.
The Lasik eye surgery Cost depends upon the hospital or clinic that you are attending. The price also varies depending on the country that you are in. The Lasik eye surgery price is also changing because technology is continually advancing and an increasing number of people want this surgery because they prefer not to wear contacts in addition to correction glasses. The average Lasik eye surgery price is about $1,000-$2,000, therefore, it is also important that your doctor can be trusted and that the laser equipment used is approved by the FDA, or the Food and Drug Administration, since they are those that control the sales of those equipments.